Skip to main content

Trying to get a PB done today and worried that 250* might take too long. I injected a Smithfield prime PB from Sam's last night with Dr BBQ's PB injection recipe and put it in the frig. Got up this morning and started the FEC at 224*, rubbed the PB with Smokin Guns hot rub and threw it on the pit.

1hr later I turned the FEC up to 276*, I'm gonna try to set the bark and wrap with foil a little later, will post back with updates.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It's now 9:30am. I started the PB with one big hickory Mojobrick and when I up the temp to 276* I added a second one. At 9:00 I took a peek at the PB, looking real nice in color, I added a Cherry Mojobrick at this time, the first one was burnt the second one getting close. I'll check the temp next hour and may wrap at this point if all goes/looks well.
11:30和PB 173 *小和结束165* throughout the PB. The color is a little past red with highlights of dark, so I wrapped it with a mixture of honey and apple juice. I moved it to the top rack, installed a probe set at 200*.

I trimmed 4 racks of spares and hit them with some rub, they will go on at noon on the bottom shelf.
Hey Cal,

Your detailed description of process as well as your obvious passion for the entire endeavor mark you as the professional and devotee you are! Thanks for the blow-by-blow. Now let us hear the kudos from your admiring guests!

Your presence and contributions on this blog have been invaluable - please stick around!
quote:
Originally posted by GratefulB:
Inquiring minds want to know, was it as tasty as your discription?

Yes it turn out very tasty. I really thought the higher temps would build a little better bark, but there really wasn't much difference then lower temps. Like most of you already know, I lost the bark per say when I foiled it.

I poured a little of the juices back on it when I pulled the PB, this added a touch of sweetness. I've heard that maple syrup goes well with it also.眨眼

Thanks for the comments fellows.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.
Baidu
map