I've been collecting some info about Brisket to create a "Brisket 101" but hadn't finished it yet.

Need your help.

What kind of questions and what kind of advice would you..."> 牛腩101 -需要你的问题和输入| Cookshack - 开运开云体育app

跳到主要内容

Chips1在初学者论坛上问了一个关于Flats & Points的问题,让我开始思考。< br / >< br / >I've put a "Pork Butt 101" and a "Pulled Pork 101" out there for all to read (do a search if you don't see it in the beginners area).

I've been collecting some info about Brisket to create a "Brisket 101" but hadn't finished it yet.

Need your help.

What kind of questions and what kind of advice would you offer about Brisket.
I'll collect some of the info already offered here.

My plan is to cover the basic, add some photos and build a simple, but detailed "How to do Brisket".

Appreciate any questions & inputs.

------------------
选择了农夫移民< br / >该做的时候就该做< br / >开运开云体育appCookshack烧烤指南页
最后一次编辑{1}
最初的发布

回复排序从旧到新

我还没尝过牛腩。部分原因是,我有点害怕15#肉对我,我的妻子和2岁的女儿!是啊,我知道我能冻住它。

对我来说……图片,图片,图片——从把它放在CS里,把它折叠起来,到把它拿出来(显示你放进去的同一块的收缩),然后切片。我知道有几个方向。

再见。

------------------
快乐秦’——啊啊
嘿,”。一个一个HH's thoughts about pictures are great,especially when trying to describe cuts of meat to non- butchers or occasionally inexperienced cooks.It seems we always tell everyone quickly about" buy the perfect brisket" and all the rest of the advice is how to cook and serve it.They run out to the local grocery.... and it doesn't exist,so they buy more chicken and go home disappointed.Some thoughts on where to find them,i.e. superwalmart and Costco may put their selects and choices all out together at $0.99 to $1.19 .Choice... and the rare prime ,might have no markings at all from Montfort or Excel. The guys doing the carcass grading are pressured to grade and move the meat out.They don't shoot for perfect scores. If you buy several, ask the meat dept. mngr. to help you find those 8 to 10 lb.briskets that are evenly thick all across the flat and have a more rounded point.Look for the brisket you can bend in half in the middle or hold in the middle and get the most droop at the ends.Look from the side to try and see some marbling throughout,rather than just a fat cap and thick fat triangles.See if the fat is white from beef cattle which are younger and fed a good creep feed mix,rather than yellow from old tough grassfed dairy cattle.You can't always find all you are looking for ,but these tips were shared with me and have helped over the years. Mention that even those 12 to 14 lb. briskets can still be from a good beef steer and be bent enough to go in a CS,if that is all you can find.It is still better than a couple of lean trimmed 4 lb. flats.I praise the mngr. for being the only one in town to carry those "choice cuts" and the expertise to help you pick them.Sometimes,if he got me some cheap butts,I'll cook an extra one for him and take him a ketchup bottle of vinager based sauce.Triple wrapped in heavy foil and you have a friend for life.LOL.....Well,I better get out of here before they accuse me of making a Smokin' post.Thanks for all your time,effort and expertise.Tom.

------------------
很好,汤姆。
斯莫金:我很期待你对熏胸肉的看法。我做了一个,数数,一个很好的烟熏牛腩。虽然没有专业知识,但我很高兴。我想听你说的是焦头烂额。天啊,这是什么东西。我有谢丽尔和比尔·詹姆森写的吸烟书。我照他们说的去做了。这是涅槃。这是另一个层次。我不明白这样的过程怎么能做出这么好的结果。 acarriii
反馈

我为这些东西而活。谢谢。汤姆,听起来你有更多信息。如果你想写在这里或给我发邮件,请随意。我也赞扬每个人的帮助,这是一个团队的努力。

现在让他们继续前进。所有潜伏者和论坛成员谁还没有做牛腩,为什么不呢?有什么可怕的?< br / >< br / >If you cooked a brisket and it turned out bad, what didn't you like? Tough, burnt, chewey, what?

And acariii (okay, explain the handle?) I planned on added the idea about burnt ends. for those who haven't been to Kansas City and bought a bad of burnt ends... you don't know what you're missing. I have a slightly different way of preparing that I'll put in the 101 post.

Keep 'em coming, Smokers, Keep 'em coming!!!

------------------
选择了农夫移民< br / >不是库克一家…是厨师< br / >开运开云体育appCookshack烧烤指南页
最后编辑:唐娜
啊,我们之前已经讨论过如何处理剩下的猪肉,这只是拿出旧的CS的另一个好借口。和实验。The only down side of a 10 lb.brisket, that didn't suit you ,...would be 5 lbs. of lean smoked meat....That's the basis for a good smoked beef hash for breakfast,chopped brisket sandwiches for lunch,a great smokey chunk chili for dinner,and the worst of it gets simmered and shredded for tacos and enchiladas.....Then you have the perfect excuse to cook the next brisket.LOL....Then I can honestly tell my wife "I have to get out the CS 'cause we're out of brisket."

------------------
很好,汤姆。
胸肉101。

这是我这个周末要做的事情。
我有两个牛腩,一个8磅,一个11磅,我拍了太多的照片(为你啊)。

让我知道如果你有补充,问题,等等:

目录:
  • 照片
  • 购买
  • 部分
  • 准备
  • 吸烟的指令
  • 装载烟枪
  • 烹饪日志
  • 服务的建议
  • 选项
  • 剩菜怎么处理

------------------
选择了农夫移民
该做的时候就该做
开运开云体育appCookshack烧烤指南页
对于牛腩101,作为一个新手,最大的问题是如何购买牛腩肉。当我去肉类市场买牛腩时,他们不明白我要什么。我应该告诉屠夫什么?肉应该怎么切?屠夫问有骨的,没有骨的?我从来不知道有骨头,也从来没听说过有骨头。他会得到我想要的一切,我只需要知道我想要什么。如果这是101中可以解决的问题,它会对我有帮助。

第二个问题是肉类的准备,即切肉等。照片是个好主意。

谢谢。

PS -我刚刚得到了我的Smokette,它已经很棒了。刚刚做了一些牛排骨(哇)。没想到他们睡得这么好。
引用:
原文由Craig A发布:
我应该告诉屠夫什么?肉应该怎么切?屠夫问有骨的,没有骨的?

你的屠夫可以用两种方式买到牛腩:一整块新鲜的牛腩或腌过的牛腩。让他/她给你买一整块新鲜的上等牛腩,然后让他/她把牛腩放在哭鼻子里。你最终会得到大约10磅肉。我猜你会花25美元左右买牛腩。Cry-O-Vac包装是一种密封塑料,可以在冰箱里保存一周。不要让屠夫把牛胸肉切开,你要整只地熏。

如果他/她仍然感到困惑,或者问你关于骨头的事情,那么是时候去新的肉类市场了。

一旦你把肉带回家,去SmokinOkies Brisket 101看看。

祝你好运,
Topchef

[本文由topchef编辑(2001年5月12日编辑)。]
就像你知道的,我在我的CS 250每天(5天/周)煮12个整胸肉。

我在努力进步,但是我的自助餐上的牛腩吃得太快了…我每天为我的餐厅做牛腩和猪腰肉。我在城市另一头的餐饮小卖部这样做……

我的大烤架烟枪,(木材燃烧)将容纳42个牛腩,所以我想我将点火这周取得进展....这东西冻结伟大....

卡尔

------------------
不要推迟快乐!
你想说什么,CaterGreat?

胸肉太多了。你觉得这对一个只会煮2到3道菜的可怜的小Smokette用户来说听起来怎么样?

Braggin吗?

但我知道你已经学会了一两件事,所以当我发布牛腩101时,请加入。总是会听到关于我的帖子的回复。

你有想要分享的数码照片吗?好吧,参加比赛…哈哈哈

或者把它们放出来让我们看看你的胸肉是怎么运作的。

五级'Okie

[本文由SmokinOkie编辑(2001年5月13日编辑)。]
我想在做牛腩101的时候放几张照片。我花了一段时间来建立这个,因为有太多的信息……你知道斯莫金不会打任何短信。

...所以,在我们等待的时候,这里有几张照片:

什么是牛腩?它从何而来?牛腩有哪些部分

What�s a Deckle?What�s Flat?What�s a Point?那是什么东西?

牛腩分为两部分。�Flat�含有更多的肉,�Deckle�或�Point�(不同的名字,相同的部分)含有更多的脂肪(后面会有具体的照片提供帮助)。以下是两个测试对象:你可以在这张照片中看到:

大的照片

负载吸烟者

大的照片

成品

大的照片

把Deckle和flat分开

大的照片

横穿谷物

大的照片

在脂肪被“刮”掉之前,将其平放

大的照片

去掉肥肉后放平