Skip to main content

I bought a prime-grade brisket from Costco before the meat craze caused prices to soar. It’s been in my freezer too long. I’ve only tried smoking a brisket once, years ago, and I bear the shame like an albatross around my neck to this day.

我有一个埃尔ectric smoker, not a pellet, so keep that in mind. I’m a Burnt Ends fan as well.

Are any brisket gurus out there? Looking for rub options and techniques

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@vixitposted:

I bought a prime-grade胸肉from Costco before the meat craze caused prices to soar. It’s been in my freezer too long. I’ve only tried smoking a brisket once, years ago, and I bear the shame like an albatross around my neck to this day.

我有一个埃尔ectric smoker, not a pellet, so keep that in mind. I’m a Burnt Ends fan as well.

Are any brisket gurus out there? Looking for rub options and techniques

thanks in advance for any help

Last edited byvixit

我买Costco '整个包装工队的哭泣ovac sealed. While yours is oldish, it should thaw in the fridge just fine. Into the smoker between 11 and 12 midnight, 225, looking for internal temp of 195. Let it go all night and check temp when you get up in the morning. It will hit the stall around 170 degrees and very slowly climb out of it till it gets to your desired temp. Enjoy.

Agree with oldsarge, except I start mine at 200F overnight, and increase to 225 in the morning. Just to not have to hold it too long before dinner. Last prime I did in my 066 was from Sam's, and it was still fairly fatty at 205F when I pulled it. Very tender and tasty though. I never wrap, and use a fairly light hand with the rub. I trim the heaviest part of the fat cap to around 1/4 inch. Good luck!

Last edited byjay1924

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.
Baidu
map