年代kip to main content

I own an electric cookshack model 55 smoker oven. I use this smoker primarily to smoke salmon. Usually I smoke salmon at approximately 150° for the first couple hours then I turn it up to finish cooking the fish. The problem is at 150° my chunks of wood quit smoking. I’m forced to open up the door and turn up the smoker above 200° to get the wood chunks to smoke. This process makes it difficult to get the desired amount of smoke needed and maintain the proper temperature. Does anybody out there in the smoking world have any suggestions that can help me with this issue? Should I be looking at another smoker to buy? If so any recommendations?

Thank you in advance,

年代mokin Scott

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I do around 30 lbs of salmon in my 066 each summer. I smoke pieces about 8 oz. each. After brining overnight and drying to form a pellicle, I smoke at 200F for about 60 -90 minutes until the salmon is at 140 - 145F. At that point there is plenty of smoke (for me) and the salmon is done but not dry. I use small chunks of alder wood.

Last edited byjay1924

Jay, I used your method and it turned out awesome! The wild coho salmon I smoked was a thing of beauty and it had the perfect amount of smoke and color. I used both alder and cherry mixed together and smoked it around 190 degrees for approximately 90 minutes. I pulled the salmon once it reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees. This was probably was one of the best smoked salmon I’ve ever made. Thank you for your help!!!

年代mokin Scott

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.
Baidu
map