Skip to main content

Hi all. New member/first post. Been catering barbecue since 2012 with an ugly drum and a stick burner. We are now doing a ghost kitchen and launched a food truck. Looking to streamline the labor side of our operation at the smoker.

I found an SM250 from 2005, and they are asking 2k.

Any advice or opinions are much appreciated. Thanks!!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

在商业吸烟但看起来没有经验like a large version of my SM066. It makes great BBQ, but don't count on doing sausage easily. Also, the heating profile is in no way uniform vertically, count on rotating a large load during cooking which of course extends cooking time. No opinion on the price but to note the SM260 sells for $8125. Suggest you compare capabilities and the condition of the unit you want to buy. Good luck!

They key is to insure the box itself is in great shape. If it is what few components make up the smoker are few and easily replaceable. The most expensive piece is the controller ($1k). Do a search for SM250 on Cookshack site to see what the various components cost if you have to replace anything (see link below). Based on the age and if it has all original parts maybe offer $1500-1200 due to age. Still not a bad buy at $2k as long as the box is in great shape.

//www.0422203715.com/search?t...product&q=sm250*

I picked up recently an SM150 with a pristine box but needed a little electrical work for a few hundred $. It all works with the exception of the display which has a small portion not working. I may eventually replace the controller.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.
Baidu
map